Estonia is a small country in Northern Europe. Nowadays, Estonia is a homeland to 1.3 million people, that makes it one of the less-populated countries of the European Union, Eurozone, NATO, the OECD, as well as the Schengen area.
However, Estonia is a world leader in the field of digital control and founder of Digital 5 (D5). In December 2014, Estonia became the first country in the world to introduce the concept of e-residency.
The main purpose of e-residency program is to make life and business much easier for freelancers, business owners, and international partners, as well as any other non-residents, who are related to Estonia. If you want to start а business, to expand your business, to make investments or to study in the European Union – E-residency in Estonia makes it possible.
Up to now, more than 60,000 people from 160 + countries have become e-residents and joined the digital community in Estonia, the main advantage of which is the ability to create and manage a company entirely online.
As an E-resident in Estonia, you can:
- establish a company in Estonia
- sign, authenticate, encrypt and send documents digitally
- declare taxes online
- use Estonian public services through the state portal
- have access to the EU single market
- accept online payments through providers
As an E-resident you will become part of a global digital community:
- Network with electronic resident in 165+ countries
- Communication with the service providers in a growing market
- The opportunity to discover new ways to grow your business