How much does it cost to register a company in Estonia?
- the cost of setting up a company depends on the type of incorporation. See Prices for detailed information.
How long does it take to register a company?
- the company will be registered during 5 business days after signing the company registration application.
What activities can an Estonian company carry on?
- an Estonian company is allowed to carry on any authorized activity. A company can perform several different types of activities at the same time.
Can a foreigner be the owner and director of an Estonian company?
- yes, a foreigner can be the owner and director of an Estonian company.
How many owners and directors should an Estonian company have?
- at least one owner from among board members.
What is the minimum share capital of an Estonian company?
- the minimum share capital is 2,500 EUR, which can be contributed within 10 years. In Estonia, a company can be established without making a share capital contribution.
Is it possible to get a VAT number for an Estonian company?
- yes, a VAT number can be obtained before the company starts to operate.
How to open a bank account for an Estonian company?
- after the company is established, all Company in Estonia OÜ customers get assistance and detailed information, free of charge, on how to open an account.
Should an Estonian company have employees?
- an Estonian company may have no employees.
What are annual costs for maintaining a company in Estonia?
- as prescribed by law, an Estonian company owned by a foreigner shall have a contact person (200 EUR/year) and a legal address in Estonia (200 EUR/year).
What taxes are charged when doing business on behalf of an Estonian company?
- in Estonia, there is no income or turnover tax, and therefore there is no pre-distribution tax. Salaries of non-residents of Estonia living outside the country are subject to a 20% income tax. Dividends are taxed at 25%.
Can I apply for the Estonian Schengen Visa?
- upon setting up a company in Estonia, you have every reason to apply for a visa to visit Estonia. We will help prepare an invitation for all company-related persons.
- a visa application shall be submitted personally at an Estonian representation office (vm.ee/et/node/2430) or at an office of a Schengen country representing Estonia (vm.ee/et/node/36138).