In Estonia, a residence permit can be issued for a period of 1 to 5 years. The resident status can be granted under the following conditions:
- family reunion
- marrying an Estonian citizen
- entering an educational institution or monastery
- under a contract of work
- carrying out business activity
Family members of a business person who has a residence permit are also entitled to obtain a residence permit in Estonia. From 2010 to 2016, the Estonian residence permit was received by 404 investors and 1500 persons in total under the investment program (including family members of investors). To date, Estonia is the most favorable Baltic state to obtain a residence permit.
Residence permit for work
You can apply for a residence permit for employment if your monthly salary for the last 5 months was at least 1,310 euro gross (1010 net).
Residence permit for business activity
- You can apply for a residence permit to conduct business activity if you are acting as a sole entrepreneur (FIE) and have invested at least EUR 16,000 in business activity in Estonia.
- You can apply for a residence permit for business if you are an owner and board member of an Estonian company and have invested at least 65,000 euro in the company’s activity. The company’s equity capital and the amount of registered fixed assets can be regarded as an investment.
Personal funds of the founder contributed to the activities and development of an Estonian company can be considered investments. Before applying for a residence permit, the company shall operate in Estonia for at least four months, and a business plan shall be presented.
Company in Estonia OÜ is pleased to support you in registering your business in Estonia. We offer the following services: drawing up a business plan, assisting in renting and buying residential and commercial real estate, assisting in searching for clients, recruiting staff, and advertising.
Residence permit application
An application for a temporary residence permit will be considered within 2 months from the date of acceptance. A residence permit can be granted for a period of up to 5 years. From the date of positive decision, it will take one month to produce a plastic residence card. An applicant is required to have a registered residence address in Estonia. If you are interested in getting an Estonian residence permit, please contact us in any way convenient to you, and we will answer any of your questions.
It is important to note that the e-residency card does not grant permission for residence in Estonia and entering the country. The e-residency card gives the opportunity to use a digital signature and access government internet portals.
|Detailed consultation on obtaining a residence permit in Estonia
|Assistance and full support in obtaining a residence permit in Estonia
|Assistance in getting a D visa