Protection of Intellectual Property in Estonia
Issues related to intellectual property are often underestimated by the owners of the company. However, such issues are central to the business activities of many enterprises. Sufficient and timely protection of intellectual property makes it possible to increase the value of intellectual property and the whole enterprise, and to reduce risks and costs. Company in Estonia OÜ advises its clients in all areas of intellectual property, including trademarks, copyrights, copyrights, domain names, patents and useful models, Industrial design, databases and unfair competition. If necessary, we cooperate with the leading patent attorneys of Estonia, ensuring the best protection of the interests and rights of our clients.
We also have good experience in the protection of intellectual property in the field of information technology (IT). In many cases, an innovative and well-functioning IT solution and a technological solution are the main asset of an enterprise, giving it both a competitive advantage in the market. It is therefore important to ensure that the solutions used are sufficiently reliable and safe, that the rights associated with the decisions are properly transferred to the entrepreneur, and that competitors’ access to the decision-related information is restricted.
In modern business — especially IT business — the exploitation of copyrights and intellectual rights brings a lot of profit, so it is very important to protect your intellectual property at the start of your project. Copyright for IT is not only contractual provisions in software development contracts, but also registration of rights belonging to your company. Having obtained a patent, or having registered a copyright, your company will have a document certifying priority, authorship, and ownership of the object of intellectual rights.
It was not only necessary to protect the material and material assets of individuals; it was also necessary to protect one’s own intellectual property, and that need was greater than ever, given the development of information technology. It is necessary to protect patents, trademarks, etc. in the classical sense, but also just good ideas for which it is impossible to obtain the above-mentioned protection. The Internet – for example, domain names – has become an important breeding ground for intellectual property disputes.
Intellectual property includes a number of autonomous rights that protect the result of human intellectual activity, as well as regulate the use of the result of intellectual activity. Intellectual property includes, for example, a novel, article, invention, interesting and distinctive design, etc.
Company in Estonia OÜ advises clients in the field of copyright and related rights and industrial property rights (patent law, trademark law, copyright). We advise you on all matters related to the creation and acquisition, registration, protection, and use of intellectual property, such as:
- We conduct an analysis of the current situation, i.e. audits, to assess your potential intellectual property, its violation or risk of infringement;
- We assist in drafting all necessary agreements (in particular licensing agreements) and in concluding and negotiating contracts;
- Provide assistance in registration of intellectual property objects (trademark, patent, utility model);
- We represent you in court proceedings and with various authorities;
- To represent you in communication with persons who have violated your rights and to assist in taking appropriate measures (filing of actions to terminate the violation, filing a claim for damages, preparing applications to the court, etc.);
- We will help you contact individuals who believe you have violated their intellectual property rights and help you reach an out-of-court compromise and, if necessary, represent you in court proceedings.
Company in Estonia OÜ conducts international registration of trademarks and patents, assists in the registration of software copyrights, and provides comprehensive support in all related matters. Our specialists will advise you on all procedures and ensure the highest possible level of protection of your intellectual property.